This position reports to the Lead Software Engineer or CTO, and is responsible for completing various projects in the Rimsys software system by working closely with internal resources using various software tools.
Work within a growing Agile development team on high-impact features, helping the team deliver on our next-generation enterprise web-application:
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain rich web applications and micro-services
- Embrace and implement modern technologies and frameworks
- Promote innovative and elegant software design while actively helping to drive the team toward best practices and solutions with a focus on security, reliability, testability, and maintainability
- Take responsibility and ownership of your projects
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Be a coachable team player, open to feedback and development from other engineers on the team
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent level work experience in lieu of education) and in pursuit of higher degree (Masters, PhD)
- Proficiency with at least one server-side languages/frameworks such as PHP and Laravel.
- Familiarity with database technology such as Postgres, Oracle, and MySQL.
- Experience working through the software development life cycle on software development teams and the associated tools (git, Jira, confluence, etc.)
- Successfully deployed code/features, multiple times, while working in an Agile environment
- Implementing cloud infrastructure (one of AWS, Azure or GCE), virtualization and/or container technology.
- Passion for keeping current on trends related to front-end architectures, performance techniques, accessibility, localization, security and web design/user experience.
- Comfortable working on a team that experiments with its processes and practices as well as evolving them when necessary.
- Comfortable working on distributed onshore/offshore team.
Junior or Senior year in pursuit of BS Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related
- Partnering and teamwork
- Ability to work with little oversight
- Attention to detail
- Very organized / Methodical
- Critical / Analytic / Objective
- Data collection, management and analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team oriented and personally committed to continuous improvement
- Demonstrate ability to interface effectively and positively with all members of the organization, suppliers and customers
- Computer literacy for basic Microsoft Office applications and Google platform